Shetland Cottage and Studio House Rules
General house rules
● The property is a strict no-smoking property.
● No pets allowed inside or on the property at any time.
● No responsibility is taken by the agent or the owner for guests’ personal property.
● A safe is provided in the property for your convenience. The owner’s insurance does not cover guests’ personal possessions.
● No excessive noise or behaviour unacceptable to neighbours will be tolerated at any time and a failure to heed this rule will result in immediate eviction and full loss of any rent monies paid, without reimbursement.
● If the police are called because of a noise complaint or unacceptable behaviour, all persons will be evicted immediately.
● No illegal activities shall take place in the property at any time.
● Guests agree to keep the property secure at all times when not in residence.
● Guests agree not to remove or keep any fixture or furnishings contained within the property, with the exception of supplied toiletries.
● Please use supplied coasters when placing hot or cold beverages on furniture.
● Guests agree to place the council wheelie bins out for collection if residing in the property on the day or night before a council garbage collection.
The guest agrees to bring the bins back in, wherever possible.
● A breach of any of the stated house rules during your stay may result in loss of bond, immediate termination and loss of all payments made without refund.
● Out of concern for the environment we ask that you conserve water and electricity wherever possible. Mother nature thanks you.
● Please dispose of sanitary or personal items in the bins provided in the bathroom. Disposal via toilets may cause blockages; if a plumber is called to remove such blockage, you may be liable for the cost.
No party policy
● This property is a strict no-party property.
● The premises are let for holiday or business purposes only. The use of the property for a function, party or like gathering or event is strictly prohibited.
● Guests under the age of 25 must be accompanied by an adult over 30 years of age who will be considered the primary guest.
● The guest who made the booking must stay at the property and is considered the primary guest and will therefore be held responsible for the conduct of all other guests.
● Only the stated number of guests, as per your booking confirmation, will be allowed to reside in the property. No other persons are permitted to use the property for accommodation purposes.
● If the above is breached, the host or the host’s representative reserves the right to evict all occupants without notice.
● If a booking is terminated in accordance with any of the above, there will be no refund of fees paid.
Damage and lost property
● Should you notice any damage to the property upon your arrival, please report it immediately to the host or managing agent, so it can be noted accordingly. Failure to notify the host or managing agent of any existing damage may render you liable for that damage.
● Any breakages or damage to any property are to be paid for by the
● Should any damage occur during your stay, you agree to replace the item in its identical brand and form or alternatively, compensate the owner of the property to the full replacement cost of the item (as per their purchase receipts).
● You should report any damage incurred at your earliest opportunity, to ensure that incoming tenant bookings are not delayed in any way.
● Should future tenant bookings need to be cancelled, due to damage sustained to the property as a result of your stay, you agree to be held liable for any lost rent monies until such time as the damage can be properly rectified and the property returned to its original rental condition.
● Lost keys shall be replaced at cost to the primary guest.
● The property contains a number of leisure items that you are free to use as much as you like. However in doing so, you agree to use these items at your own risk and the host or their managing agent cannot be held liable in any way, should an accident or injury occur.
● Guests are to park in the designed parking spot. If you park in a non designated spot and your car is towed away, you agree to bear the costs associated with its removal.
Check in and check out time
● Check-in time is 3.00pm.
● Check-out time is 11.00am.
● Early check in or late checkout may be ok subject to prior authorisation.
● The holiday accommodation and grounds must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so may incur an additional fee from our cleaners, calculated on the extra number of hours taken to rectify.
● All garbage is to be placed in the provided council garbage collection bins.
● Dishes and all kitchenware items will need to be washed prior to your departure.